The Sendero Difference
Sendero Health Plans (Sendero) offers VALUE-ADDED SERVICES to its STAR and CHIP members.
Children & Teens:
- A Youth Sports Session per season with the City of Austin Recreation Center for members ages 2 ½ to 18 years of age
- A year membership to the Boys and Girls Clubs in Bastrop, Hays, Travis or Williamson counties
- A swim session at the YMCA of Austin for members ages 6 months through adults
- $50 H-E-B gift card after Well-Child exam (CHIP Members)/ Texas Health Steps (THSteps) medical checkup (STAR members) is done within 90 days from member’s start date with Sendero. This benefit is for CHIP members’ 2 weeks old to 18 years of age and STAR members 2 weeks old to 20 years of age.
- $25 H-E-B gift card after Well-Child exam (CHIP Members)/ THSteps medical checkup (STAR members) is done 60 days from member’s birthday. This benefit is for CHIP members’ 1 to 18 years of age and STAR members 1 to 20 years of age.
- One sports, summer camp and/or school physical each year for members 18 years old and younger
- One Back to School Backpack with school supplies for members in grade Pre-K to 12th grade
- Monthly Student Bus Pass with Capital Metro while enrolled in school
- Weight appropriate booster car seat (40 to 100 lbs.) for members after their Well-Child exam (CHIP Members)/ THSteps medical checkup (STAR members) is done within 90 days from member’s start date with Sendero
- Toddler nap kit for members ages of 1 – 4 that complete a Well-Child exam (CHIP Members)/ THSteps medical checkup (STAR members) within 60 days from their date of birth
- Umbrella stroller for members that receive all immunizations and a flu (influenza) injection by either 12, 15, 18, 24 and 36 months of age
Pregnant Moms & Babies:
- Home baby monitor for pregnant women that go to their first OB visit within 42 days from their start date with Sendero, are a Sendero member through the pregnancy and delivery, and receive their postpartum visit within 21-56 days from delivery.
- Up to $500 of dental services for pregnant women
- One home visit for new moms
- Gifts for new mother’s diaper bag, package of diapers and first aid kit and child thermometer after post-partum visit between 21 to 56 days from child birth.
- Rides to birthing classes, WIC appointments, Sendero baby showers, and other Sendero health related events for pregnant members
- $25.00 to new born babies members that obtain a timely Well-Child exam (CHIP Members)/ THSteps medical checkup (STAR members) within 14 days from birth while a Sendero member
- Up to $125.00 in H-E-B gift cards for members that obtain timely prenatal visits and post-partum visit
- Breast feeding kit which includes a breast feeding cover and nursing pads after receiving a post-partum visit within 21-56 days from delivery
- Baby car seat for members that complete their initial OB appointment within 42 days from enrolment with Sendero and attends a Sendero Baby Shower
- Up to 750 minutes for members that have Safelink phone and that they are a high-risk pregnancy
- 24-hour Nurse Advice line
- Help finding a ride to doctor appointments
- $25 H-E-B gift card for filling out the New Member Health Assessment form within 45 days from their start date with Sendero
- Up to $50 towards products that can help you to stop smoking for CHIP members Extra $175 towards eye glasses for members per year above the basic benefit for frames and lenses for members 2 years old and older or contacts (standard or disposable) instead of glasses for members 13 to 18 years of age.
LIMITATIONS AND RESTRICTIONS APPLY. PLEASE CALL SENDERO CUSTOMER SERVICE HELPLINE FOR DETAILS.
The Sendero Health Plans STAR/CHIP Provider Quick Reference Guide has been updated a...
The 2014 Fall edition of the Sendero Health Plans Provider newsletter is now available for yo...
The Sendero Health Plans STAR/CHIP Provider Manual has been updated and is effective June 22, 2...
The 2014 Winter edition of the Sendero Health Plans member newsletter is now available for yo...